Knowing how to set up a virtual store that gives good results is a privilege in this context. Therefore, the first step in building your brand in this medium is to determine your success measure. So, catapult revenue answers the question: in e-commerce, what does it mean to be successful for you?
- Is it achieving the strategic objective stipulated in the Vision of your business?
- Is it proliferating as a startup company?
- Is it selling above the national Conversion Rate average, which is 1.5%?
- Is it creating a sustainable business capable of generating profit year after year?
- Are you moving from an Individual Micro entrepreneur to a Large Company?
- Is it to develop the most prominent e-commerce in Brazil within a category?
- Is it to create an e-commerce and be able to expand it to other countries?
- Is it always one step ahead of the competition?
Finally, find out what your parameters are for achieving victory in e-commerce and try to overcome them. As it progresses, these rules may change. You can change, for example, from a small goal to a bigger one. Or from a large one to a slightly smaller one. However, do not worry, as this is part of your maturing throughout the process.
How To Set Up A Successful Online Store: Essential Tips
Once you have defined your parameters for the triumph, the next step is to start designing the business and the e-commerce site. As you can see, the question “How to set up a successful online store?” only covers the store itself; however, the business as a whole is something much bigger, which goes far beyond the store.
When you’re ready to get started, do it as follow:
- Know the branch: The first step in doing well in e-commerce is getting to know the industry well. For this reason, I recommend that you attend the fairs, congresses, and workshops in the sector, read the books, and take the e-commerce courses available. Take your time on this.
- Run tests: In your first practical experience, start with something small. A simple sales page, perhaps. Test the possibilities economically. Avoid wasting resources in order not to miss such resources in the future.
- Measure the results: Measure and analyze your test results. Find out what was good and what was terrible. Check what can be continued and what should be discarded. Test platforms, systems, philosophies, collaborators, everything you can.
- Enhance: Take everything that has the potential to be continued and invest in improvement. Continuously mature your e-commerce and online store business idea. Improve organizational culture, website design, etc.
- Repeat: After the improvement, repeat the cycle “know, test, measure, improve.” This cycle must be repeated infinitely. This continuous optimization can lead you to success, whatever parameter you have set.
In short, first, define your parameters for victory in e-commerce. Soon after, study and learn about e-commerce. Afterward, start the testing phase. Measure the results. Discard what does not serve and improve what has potential for development. Repeat the “know, test, measure, improve” cycle to infinity and beyond.
After that, once your e-commerce triumph parameters are reached, you will have to set new parameters, and so on. In other words, electronic commerce is a continuous and perpetual search for success.